IRIS Consulting is an independent research and policy evaluation organisation that carries out research and other commissions for a wide range of organisations. Our particular strengths are in public policy and programme evaluation. IRIS Consulting Ltd is registered with the Data Protection Information Commissioner (registration number 1530265) as an organisation entitled to hold personal data for research purposes.
IRIS Consulting subscribes to the generally accepted relevant professional and ethical standards applicable to dealing with and protecting information we collect during the course of our work that relates to individuals. In particular our company policies and practices embody the following principles and procedures:
- We take steps to ensure that that all relevant statutory requirements are complied with – including the eight Data Protection Act Principles contained in the Data Protection Act 1998
- We apply policies and procedures to ensure that personal information held by us in the course of our work is processed fairly and lawfully
- All our employees and contracted associates who have access to client or other personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of that information (“personal information” is defined as information that relates to a living person who can be identified from that information or from other information that is held by us)
- Personal information is only collected with the consent of the individuals concerned
- In some circumstances we will collect and analyse aggregated personal information purely for research purposes with the consent of the data holders of such information
- We will destroy all records of any personal information collected during our research at the completion of the relevant research project.
Our policies and processes for safeguarding such data are described below.
All our electronic data transmissions are protected by a security “firewall” and by the latest anti-virus software. We frequently upgrade our company anti-virus software which incorporates the following features:
- Immediate on-line virus protection updates (this involves the installation of updates the same day as they are issued)
- Virus scanning of all outgoing e-mails and attachments
- The blocking of spam and other unauthorised users
- The detection and screening of various categories of suspect transmissions with the capacity to pass on information about their source and content to the named recipient(s)
- In the case of personal or sensitive information we have the capacity to restrict electronic access to named authorised members of the particular research project in question through password protection.
Since IRIS was formed in 2000 we have carried out research projects for:
- Cabinet Office
- Crown Estate
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for the Environment & Rural Affairs
- Department for Work & Pensions
- Health & Safety Executive
- Home Office
- Homes & Communities Agency
- Housing Associations
- Local Authorities
- Ministry of Justice
- Olympics Delivery Authority
- NHS Trusts
- Office of the Deputy Prime Minister.
When we conduct surveys for Government departments, or any other client organisation, all responses will be kept strictly confidential and used only as part of our analysis. While we will report the general findings to the client they will not see any individual response and nobody will contact you about your answers to the survey.